THE IRON CIRCLE | CULT OF WAR | PVE | PVP | ROLE-PLAYING | MMO GUILD
Maybe you're in it for the coin. Maybe it's the excitement. Maybe, just maybe, it's because you know you'll be pushed beyond your limits and brought to a moment when you must either destroy your weaknesses utterly or be broken. It's inconsequential. The Iron Circle calls to you. Those who join the guild are trained in well-guarded techniques, stances and disciplines. As a result, they tend to think and act differently than other adventurers. The Circle's full-blooded members are relentless huntsmen of the battlefield, often singling out and isolating individual enemies before joining to quickly destroy their chosen target. Then the process begins anew... The mindset of an Iron Circle soldier is that of a ravenous wolf in battle - single out a foe and overwhelm him utterly.
It should be noted that outside of select settlements and areas, the Iron Circle is not a well liked or trusted organization. In many territories across the lands, the locals may outright be hostile to one openly displaying company colors. Proceed with caution, good aligned characters - your morals and ethics may be bent, and you will have to make hard choices. Members can be of any denomination, religion or alignment, but as the nature of the Iron Circle is, the life of a full-blooded member is one that can tax the soul and challenge an adventurer's perception of right and wrong.
Recruitment is done all throughout the territories - the company, however, is confined to its home outpost and its outlying lands. Infrequent agents outside of our sphere of influence may contact the Iron Circle to request our services.
WHAT IS THE IRON CIRCLE?
The Iron Circle, simply, is a mercenary company and cult with a bloody and terrible history and a reputation to match. They are ruthless, but effective. They value their brothers in arms above all else.
"Your service in the Iron Circle has rendered you immune to fear and supremely confident. You will fearlessly stampede across the battlefield, sprinting from foe to foe in a blood-spattered carnage. You know when to get stuck in for the long haul. Once you've got hold of your target, you will relentlessly tear into him until there is nothing left - a manifestation of our brutal desires. Softer men will hide behind their defenses when faced with an onslaught of our Iron Legionnaires. You will not give them this mercy. Each and every one of you has trained for years in grueling conditions, a brutal regime that has caused you to adapt an uncanny level of agility and acrobatic prowess even under heavy loads - you will effortlessly bound over traps, slip past barricades and, barring any act of divine intervention, smash straight through to get to our enemies. Do not fail me. That is the only warning you will receive." - Odothian, Iron Warlord.
THE CULT OF WAR
The Red Bishops and Azoth ('The Muse') | Philsophy, Dogma, and the Theology in the Iron Circle.
“Isaiah answer'd, I saw no God, nor heard any, in a finite organical perception; but my senses discover'd the infinite in every thing, and as I was then persuaded, & remain confirm'd; that the voice of honest indignation is the voice of God…”
“Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made.”
“There is no God higher than truth.”
"The Lord is everywhere and always perfect; what does He care for man's sin, or the righteousness of man?"
"We walk the path of power, unafraid and unshaken by the masses driven before us. The Iron Circle. We are unbreakable. We shall not be denied. Greatness is our destiny."
~ War Priest Tahril, Keeper of the Faith.
MARTIAL RANKS OF THE IRON CIRCLE:
INTELLIGENCE RANKS OF THE IRON CIRCLE:
MERCANTILE RANKS OF THE IRON CIRCLE:
The Mercantile division of the guild provides the fuel for the Iron Circle's war machine; while the Martial is the blade, and the Intelligence is the brain, the Mercantile is the heart. More than just contractors and laborers, the Mercantile division is composed of specialists in field gathering, single combat, engineering, analysis, and management of both inventory and people. Without these valuable skills, the company might fall into disrepair in short order.
- Harvesters & Artisans - Diligent, workers, proficient, swift, resourceful, creators, crafters, flexible.
- Trained to recognize, gather, transport, and occasionally kill. Goods, equipment, and beasts, harvesters are responsible for obtaining valuable inventory, and managing the contracts of workers outside of the guild, such as farmers, miners, loggers, and more. Harvesters are experts in their respective "harvest", whether it's the acquisition of metals, or the gathering and breeding of beasts or exotic flora. Harvesters must also be extremely capable single combatants and escapists, able to safely return or transport high value items to the Iron Circle's safe houses. Artisans are masters of the craft, using the resources returned by the harvesters to create specialized equipment for use by the rest of the Iron Circle.
- Quartermasters - Attentive, tradesman, knowledgeable.
- Quartermasters are masters of trade and management, quartermasters work with each sphere to determine their needs for equipment and inventory, as well as taking information back to the harvesters and artisans when there are requests for acquisitions. Quartermasters are responsible for overseeing the guild's inventory, provisions, safe houses, and the company's funds. Quartermasters can recommend profitable ventures, determine the validity of supply contracts from outside workers, and current assignments for the purpose of profitability. In war times, quartermasters are responsible for the steady and constant flow of supplies, provisions, medical equipment and personnel, and transport to and from the battlefield.
"The Iron Circle's full-blooded members are relentless huntsmen of the battlefield. We are wolves, they are sheep."
- Legionnaire Rukh.
WHAT KIND OF EVENTS DO YOU RUN?
- Bounties: Standing in zones and offering currency to new players in exchange for items or "personal" quests. We want to give back to the community and help up and coming players. They may find a pamphlet or two also stuffed in the pouch of coin.
- Player Bounties: Offering coin to our guild members to hunt down notorious barbarians or other faction members that have caused our membership problems. These bounties can be both RP and Non-RP in nature. Have fun with it.
- Tabletop Campaigns: While we do enjoy pursuing stories within the game itself, there are sometimes where we might prefer to turn it into a tabletop session using our Rogue system. This allows us to use dice to mediate encounters and help speed up combat a bit. You don't have to worry about three hours of dodge/dodge combat, where no one takes a hit because they think their character is immortal.
- World RP: We encourage our players to get out into the world and interact with the setting and the game. We're not interested in players whose idea of good RP is standing around in a tavern and writing up a novel with someone else. We prefer to have players who add to the immersion of the setting and the world itself by doing exactly what we're expected to do. Play the game. Make the world feel dynamic and fun for the people that are sharing the world with you. Write a book or a story if you want to, but don't spam people's chat.
WHAT TYPE OF PLAYERS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Casual, dedicated, fun-loving players.
- Role-players who want to focus on actually playing the game.
- Players who are 21+ years of age.
- Players who have a good mic and stable internet connection. Using voice chat is a requirement.
- Join our Discord community, or contact me on Discord at: @DM_Rid#9090