IMPORTANT INFORMATION - THIS IS NOT A STANDARD 5E GAME!
The information on this page summarizes campaign information, expectations of the players, developing a back story and ultimately character creation itself. You should read through this page thoroughly before entering and asking questions on the Discord. If you are brand new to tabletop games, read through everything entirely and if after that time you’re unable to figure out how to make a character we can provide you support. Characters are determined ‘finished’ and play-ready once they have their associated back stories and other information completed. A Game Master will go through this before each session for the characters who have signed up to take part in a game. If your character is NOT finished, and you have signed up for a game, you will be asked to leave the game.
- Basic Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition lore DOES NOT APPLY TO OUR SETTING.
- We use custom races.
- We use spell points and a home-brewed magic system called 'Horror' that makes spell-casting more exciting and perilous for all involved.
- We use a custom background system using 'skill regions' that determine your starting skills and unique starting features that players can choose from.
- We have additional house rules to ensure that combat remains deadly, this is a setting built on the foundations of 5th Edition intermixed with OSR sensibilities.
- Health Points and AC are calculated differently in our setting. Armor also provides 'Armor Resistance' which soaks a flat amount of damage.
- You begin with far lower attribute scores than you would in a normal Dungeons & Dragons game. That's okay, the entire setting is "balanced" around that idea.
- We welcome new players, but this setting and game are not new player friendly. It's up to you to make the decision as to whether you'd like to join or not. Come die with us.
- Attributes have additional benefits and purposes in the game. There is no 'dump stat' in our setting. Initiative is influenced by Intelligence rather than Dexterity.